Dear Valued Patient:
We are happy to announce that we are open to see routine eye examinations as well as emergency examinations and optical sales for all of your eye care needs!
The health and safety of our employees, patients and communities is our top priority. As a healthcare provider, we are strictly following the safety and health standards and regulations as outlined by OSHA and the CDC, as well as implementing other safety measures to protect the patients and staff at our office.
The doors will remain locked, unfortunately we will not be able to accommodate walk-in patients. All services require an appointment to reduce potential crowing please call 559-875-5524 to schedule an appointment. Please call ahead before coming to the office to pick up glasses or any other eye products so that we can have them ready for you promptly, and once you arrive a staff member will bring them out to you. If you do not have a cell phone please knock on the door and a staff member will help you.
As this is a unique situation, we are constantly updating our safety measures, procedures, and equipment. To protect our patients and staff, we are not seeing patients who are potentially sick with COVID 19, and we have adopted the following Safety Protocol screening questions:
- Do you have fever, flu symptoms, or new respiratory symptoms?
- Have you or your family members traveled recently? Red flags include any international travel or domestic travel to communities with high numbers of infected patients.
- Have you been in contact with anyone who has contracted COVID-19 in the last 2 to 14 days?
To reduce patient contact time in the office, we are taking the medical history on the phone from the patient’s vehicle (Phone 559-875-5524). We request that the window of the vehicle be rolled up for privacy. If you do not have a cell phone, you may call from home before leaving for your appointment, or we will accommodate you at the office if necessary.
The patient will then be called into the office and the temperature will be taken in the front lobby (anyone with a temperature over 100.6 will be asked to reschedule). ALL PATIENTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO WEAR A MASK.
Dr. Sorsky has put in place a multi-pronged approach designed to meet the health and safety challenges presented by COVID-19. Below is an overview of the key components to prevent any contamination of infection:
- All equipment will be sanitized with hospital grade disinfectant before and after each patient
- All surface areas & areas of patient contact to be cleaned with Lysol/Clorox disinfecting wipes after each patient.
- All frames touched by staff or patients will be washed with soap & water to help alleviate the risk of COVID-19 transmission through person to person contact. Staff will use gloves & mask during the frame selection process.
- Staff and patients to wear a mask while in the office
- The doctor and any staff having direct contact with the patient will wear medical grade gloves while doing so.
- Breath shields have been placed on examination equipment.
- Social distancing guidelines of 6 feet will be maintained whenever possible
- Logs are kept of patients, delivery people, and anyone else entering the office, and the staff that came in contact with them, so that if someone does develop an infection, we can help to trace any potential contact.
- Safety protocol screening questions and screening temperature taken daily for all patients
- Reduction of patients seen on a daily basis to reduce potential crowding.
To reduce risk to patients and staffing, we are severely reducing the number of patients in our appointment schedule. We are asking that all patients scheduling an appointment please show up for that appointment and arrive promptly. If you do need to reschedule, you must do so at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled appointment. A $30 no-show fee will be assessed to all patients who do not cancel at least 24 hours prior to their appointment.
We are all in this together. By taking care of each other and following these new protocols we will be collectively taking care of the global community. We are all facing an historic battle and most days it is simply about rolling up our sleeves to fight that battle. There are countless moments of humanity and resilience… And that fills me with tremendous hope for the future.
We don’t know when the COVID-19 pandemic will be over, or when our lives will return to some sort of normalcy. But we want our patients and our associates to know that those time will come, we will be ready to embrace that moment .Until that time, please stay safe and healthy and understand that the protocols and measures we are taking are for the health of the patients, staff, and community at large.
Thank you again for being a loyal Dr. Sorsky patient and stay safe and healthy.
Marc E. Sorsky, O.D.